Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Saturday, October 19, 2013


The other day I went to see Fifth Estate with a few friends and my SO.  This was something I was looking forward for a while. Now I've watched it I got mixed feelings about it. First of all, let me state the obvious- Benedict was brilliant as Julian Assange. His manneers and even posture seem to be different and he nailed the awkward dancing style of Julian Assange (check a video on youtube). I'm not sure how good is his Australian accent, I can't really tell, but love trying to replicate the part from the trailer where he says "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.". I just love how it sounds.


While I'm brunettebatch fan, his platinum white hair  really grows on you and I actually rather like it now. Cumberbatch aside, the film is not as good as I wished it was. At first it tried to raise a question whether Julian Assange is a hero or a terrorist but  in the end it came out  rather one sided and the decision  was made for you. They tried to save it by adding the bit where Benedict as Julian pretends to give his view on the film but it was too little too late. The whole film ended as if Wikileaks kind of ended in 2010, but that's simply not true .Wikileaks has published a list of inaccuracies in the film, you can read it here. While I do understand why Julian asked Benedict not to be in this film, I did enjoy watching this film, mainly because of the talented Mr Cumberbatch but also I took this film as a loose dramatization of real events and people rather than an accurate depiction. If you want the truth, you should seek it out for yourself


                     

You Might Also Like

0 comments