Barcelona

Saturday, July 04, 2015


We've just come back from Barcelona. It was our second visit to Barcelona (see pictures from our first visit here) and I'm glad we came back- beautiful city and glorious weather. As we've been here before, we weren't sightseeing as much and spent quite a bit of time relaxing on a beach. 

tibidabo

We didn't get to go to mount Tibidabo last time so this was on my to see list. Tibidabo always reminds me this scene from Friends.

tibidabo tram

We didn't bother to take the tram up  and chose to walk instead. 

tibidabo
It's a rich neighbourhood, we got to see some fancy houses. 

tibidabo

We didn't fancy going to the amusement park. In that heat all you start caring about is getting something cold so we had a lunch at a local cafe. Disappointing food for ridiculous prices but at least coke was cold and refreshing. 

tibidabo

tibidabo

  The views from Tibidabo are fantastic, I wish I had  a wide angle lens with me to capture the views better. 
tibidabo

tibidabo


gothic quarter streets

I lost the count how many times we walked through Las Ramblas and explored Gothic Quarter's narrow streets. 

gothic quarter streets

La Boqueria market

We also visited La Boqueria. I was really only after the cheap smoothies, it is completely packed with tourists so not the most pleasant place to be.La Boqueria market 

La Boqueria market

La Boqueria market

Parc de la Ciutadella is absolutely beautiful and it seems to be rather busy. We saw people doing yoga, celebrating birthdays, dancing, tightrope walking and more. Fantastic place and if I'd live in Barcelona, I would love to come there often. 

Parc de la Ciutadella

Parc de la Ciutadella
Parc de la Ciutadella

Last time round we didn't get to see much of Park Güell as it's started raining (it was October after all), so we had to come back!
park guell

park guell

Disappointingly, entry to some parts of the park is now paid. I do not know how much but it doesn't really matter, I wouldn't want to queue for it in this heat.
park guell tibidabo

You can see the church and the amusement park on Tibidabo from here. 
park guellOther shots from the trip:Sunset barcelona port
boats barcelona port


beach glasses

smoothie on a beach

Arc de Triomf

DSC_2723c copy

You Might Also Like

0 comments